Web Developer – PHP, Flexible Working, Electric Putty, Brighton & Hove: To £37.5K (Pro Rata)
Full or Part-time (Between 20 and 37.5 hours p.w.) Flexible hours/Remote working available
● Permanent, Full/Part-time/flexible role
● 30 days paid holiday (Pro Rata – including bank holidays) + upto 4 bonus days for Christmas
● Profit Share
● Personal improvement budget for conferences, books and learning
● Matched pension contributions
● Cycle to work scheme
● Well-Stocked Fridge
● Friday 5pm Beers
● Great office location – Close to bars, restaurants and the beach!
Are you looking to use your web development skills while balancing family/other commitments?
Returning to work after a career break? Then read on…
This role would enable you to work between 20 and 37.5 hours a week, in the office or split your
time between the office and remote working.
Electric Putty are a friendly team of problem solving, multi-skilled digital experts who work closely
together to create genuinely useful products for good causes. We create accessible, engaging and
user friendly websites and applications as well as our own SaaS products for the charity sector.
Since 2004 we have been helping organisations transform the way they work and deliver their vision.
Our clients include; Citizens’ Advice Bureau, RSPB, Friends of the Earth, Crohn’s & Colitis UK and the
National Housing Federation.
We understand that the way we all work is changing and believe your job should fit with the rhythm
of your life, not the other way round. This is a great opportunity to gain all the benefits of
permanent employment while having the freedom to work in a way that works for you.
The Role of Web Developer
Reporting to the Technology Director you’ll be responsible for:
● Managing the full development lifecycle – planning, coding, testing and delivery
● Working on a wide range of exciting client projects
● Helping develop our own suite of SaaS products
● Working with the project team on scheduling and capacity management
The ideal Candidate for the Web Developer Role
● A genuine passion for web development and coding
● Pragmatic and resourceful with a problem-solving attitude
● An excellent communicator
● Confident, outgoing, enthusiastic
● Able to build strong working relationships with team members and clients
● Wants to make a positive difference
● May be looking to balance family/other commitments or return to work after a career break
Skills Range for the Web Developer Role
● PHP (preferably within frameworks like Laravel and Symfony)
● Databases (specifically mySQL)
● Working with CMSs (we use Craft and ExpressionEngine)
● Application architecture
● API development
● Automated testing
● Version control (specifically Git)
Please send your CV to email@example.com.