Trainee Media Sales, West Sussex, £18k + comms
Enjoy sales but want to leave the call centre environment?
Want to work in publishing?
Our client is a top business information provider with multi-platform brands spanning both digital and print publishing, exhibitions, conferences and events.
They are now looking for a Trainee Telesales Exec to significantly expand the supplier profile section of their “directory”. The candidate will focus their effort on contacting companies in specific business categories to introduce them to the directory and secure the sales based on giving them the opportunity to use the directory to distribute their content.
In addition, this person will qualify and identify clients who may be interested in higher level advertising/sponsorship activity for the senior team to follow up via face-to-face meetings.
- An aptitude to develop sales skills and attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Enthusiasm and ambition
- Strong team player
- Target driven
- Ability to work to deadlines
- An interest in developing product knowledge and organisational awareness (in media/publishing)
- Rapport building – develop strong internal and external relationships
- Good administration – competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Working on the ‘directory’ securing sales
- Achieve an effective call-rate of 20 calls minimum per day
- Keep up to date administrative records
- Generation of new business from targeted business categories/regions
- Renewing customers into the online directories
- Successfully achieve revenue targets & performance objectives
- Development of market & product knowledge to required standard
- Qualify and identify clients who may be interested in higher level advertising/sponsorship activity
The company offer excellent benefits and a modern working environment.