Sponsorship Sales Executive, Croydon, £28k + 30% OTE
Do you have Sponsorship sales experience or strong face to face to face sales experience?
Looking for a new challenge and want to work on a leading news magazine ?
Our client is a very well established publisher that specialises in business & consumer media, discount & loyalty programmes and business software. The company employ over 300 people across their offices in the UK and the USA.
They are now looking for a new Sponsorship Sales Executive to join their busy team on one of their leading and extremely popular titles to sell bespoke marketing and sponsorship campaigns to a wide variety of clients.
As part of your role you will support and drive growth on the UK portfolio. If you have a proven record of exceeding sales targets and strong new business and client relationship management skills this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Sponsorship Sales Executive will be working on a leading industry news magazine which is packed with news, features and analysis, keeping readers fully briefed on all the latest information from the industry – The title also produces 4 highly targeted and successful awards and conferences.
The Sponsorship Sales Executive will be required to design and sell bespoke marketing and communications campaigns to a wide variety of clients. Campaigns will be delivered across any combination of print, digital and events channels and need to demonstrate clear return on investment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate creativity, commercial acumen, and a proven track record of selling profitable multi-platform solutions.
The Sponsorship Sales Executive Role:
The Sponsorship Sales Executive will be responsible for sponsorship revenue for a portfolio comprising of large conferences and awards. The role will be a mix of office based and out and about meeting up with clients.
- To work towards and achieve annual revenue targets for sponsorship sales (incl. awards and conferences)
- To develop new business accounts (including FTSE 100 companies)
- To prospect and send proposals to new clients
- To build enduring relationships with key accounts with a strong emphasis on repeat business
- Create and deliver exceptional commercial packages for customers
- To work with the Sales Director to plan and execute the re-book campaign
- To work closely with other teams including marketing and operations to ensure sponsorship fulfilment
- Ensure the CRM and accounting system is always accurate and up to date
- Contribute to post-show report and debrief meetings
- Create and be accountable for client proposals, contracts etc
- Be able to respond effectively and creatively to a client’s brief
- Ensure a thorough understanding of client’s objectives including their return on investment (ROI) objectives
- Attending UK events
- One or two International trip a year.
The Sponsorship Sales Executive Candidate:
The successful candidate must be a keen team player, motivated and committed to the overall exhibitor / sponsor experience.
- Experience of selling to senior decision makers (CEO, MD, senior directors)
- Experience of selling face to face and selling sponsorship to clients and advertising agencies
- Exceptional sales skills
- Well-developed questioning and probing skills
- A history of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- A proven record of developing new business accounts
- A proven record of delivering sponsorship/exhibition packages
- Ability to self-manage & to effectively plan and manage own work flow
This role offers excellent career potential and commission for the right driven candidates who is both passionate about events and building strong client relationships.