Senior Database Developer, Tunbridge Wells office plus home-based, circa £55K
An exciting marketing opportunity has arisen for a growing organisation based in Tunbridge Wells.
The business operated a unique platfrom for the creation, publication and sale of Digital Trading cards where collectors of all ages can buy, sell, trade, win, fuse, battle, locate, watch and interact with cards in ways that were never possible before.
Our client is looking for a Database Developer who loves what they do and wants to join a like-minded team, making applications for exciting, world-renowned brands for users of all ages.
The company offer flexible/remote working, a high degree of autonomy (well supported though!) and the opportunity to get involved in key business and product decisions, not just the execution.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, helpful to others, constructive in feedback and keen to do great work. While candidates are expected to be highly skilled, the desire to continue developing is as important.
As a Senior DB Developer you will be expected to take an interest in the overall architecture of the company platform and to always be looking for ways to improve efficiency, robustness and simplicity.
The role is office based 1-2 days per week and offers the opportunity to also be home based.
Essential skills and experience
- Experienced working with development teams in an Agile/Lean environment using continuous integration and deployment
- Pride in readable, well-designed and tested code
- Deep understanding and knowledge on all aspects of MariaDB
- Proficient in writing Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers
- Good understanding of Transactions
- Familiar with Version control (Git)
- NoSQL (CouchDB, MongoDB, Firebase)
- Key/Value Store (Redis, Memcache)
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- General systems administration (checking logs, performance monitoring and tuning) in a LAMP stack
- Infrastructure Automation (Chef)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
- MariaDB Galera Cluster
- Experience with highly scalable DB services
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org