This website is provided by Escape Hatch Media Recruitment Ltd. (“Escape Hatch”). We take very seriously the privacy of our website users, candidates and clients and the security of their personal information.
Personal information collection & use
Escape Hatch may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include – sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- To provide our services to you.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications or to apply for specific jobs.
- To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and, with your consent, to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to our clients in order to apply for jobs.
- To answer your enquiries.
- To direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Escape Hatch.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Escape Hatch.
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law.
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
From time to time, we may refer to that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our services. We may use that information to contact you. All candidate information will be kept on our database for as long as deemed necessary for a particular role or any potential roles dealt with by Escape Hatch. We will not otherwise transfer the personally identifiable information you provide at this website to any third party unless otherwise disclosed to you.
Non-personal information collection & use
In common with many commercial organisations we monitor the use of this website by collecting aggregate information. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use, the pages you visit or the website which directed you to our site. You cannot be identified from this information and it is used only to assist us in providing an effective service on this website.
Cookies are small files, which are sent to your web browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. This website uses ‘session cookies’ – temporary cookies that remain in your browser until you leave the website. These allow you to carry information across our site without having to re-enter it; it also enables us to analyse web traffic and improve our online services. They cannot be used to identify you. You may set your web browser to notify you of cookie placement requests or to decline cookies completely. You can delete the files that contain cookies; those files are stored as part of your Internet browser.
Under 13-year olds
This website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from or about any person under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old and wish to ask a question or use this site in any way, which requires you to submit your personal information, please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
Security of your personal data
We have implemented technologies and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and will update these measures as appropriate as new technologies become available.
How do you remove your name and address from our database?
Under the Employment Agencies Act, Escape Hatch is obliged to hold your data for 12 months after it was last used. After 12 months of non-usage if you do not indicate to us that you wish your details to be retained on our database, we will archive your account.
Access and corrections
Under European data protection law you have a right to request access to personal data which are held about you on payment of a small fee. You also have the right to require any inaccuracies in your information to be corrected free of charge.
Who is responsible for personal information collected on this site?