PR Account Manager, Lifestyle Communications Agency, Brighton, circa £30K
One of the fastest growing lifestyle communication agencies in Brighton is looking to expand its team after several new business wins.
They already collected a handful of award nominations and they truly value their people as they are the lifeblood of the business. They are smart thinking and are driven by creativity and producing outstanding work for their lifestyle clients.
The agency is now looking for a talented AM (or strong SAE ready to step up a level) with a proven track record of leading clients to success from the frontline rather than the back benches.
With a sleeves rolled up approach to both life and work and a decent splash of creative flair you will be working in a hands on approach team who are not overly hierarchical so you will have a sack full of media, influencer and supplier contacts with a drive to utilise them to deliver results.
The company offers fantastic benefits and perks to all its team.
Outline of Job
The Account Manager is a key member of the team, working across and managing a portfolio of clients.
The Account Manager will lead a portfolio of accounts, acting as the day-to-day lead and overseeing all aspects of each one including; securing relevant media coverage, devising and implementing creative ideas and leading the team.
On top of managing clients, the Account Manager would be expected to positively contribute to the running of the business and help cultivate new business leads with the senior management team.
The Account Manager will be expected to have a strong black book of contacts, a creative mind and a passion for PR.
The Account Manager will be expected to assist in training junior staff in all aspects of PR.
- Plan and implement impactful PR campaigns
- Develop and lead PR strategies from formulation through to execution aligning them with the client’s key objectives
- Assist in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns
- Act as the key point of contact for all relevant clients
- Combine creativity with knowledge of the media to recognise media angles and generate positive coverage for all clients
- Devise and implement ideas to engage media and impress the client
- Ability to write interesting and provocative press releases
- Manage and help grow junior colleagues
- Delegate to junior consultants effectively
- Fully participate in brainstorms for clients and new business opportunities
- Manage your own and your team’s workload and stick to deadlines
- Identify new business opportunities and support in proposal writing where applicable
- Run budgets for relevant accounts
- Minimum 3 years PR experience (1 as an Account Manager would be desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Impressive black book of media contracts
- A strong understanding of the media
- Proficient in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Able to handle pressure
- Able to work as part of a team
- Flexible yet determined approach
- Passion for the industry
- Strong business sense
- Creative thinking and initiative
- Keep up to date with current affairs
- Experience of delivering impactful PR campaigns from inception through to delivery
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, at all levels
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A thorough understanding of the value and importance of PR in the overall communications/marketing mix
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong presentation skills, presenting effectively without use of notes
- Experience in new business (development, proposal writing etc)
- Confident, self aware, outgoing and empathetic
Along with a competetive salary the agency also offers its team fantastic perks and benefits.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com