Online Editor needed for one of the World’s best known Business magazines, Dubai – circa £36K tax free!
Are you an experienced business journalist looking for a new challenge and a fresh start in a global city?
Dubai offers beautiful beaches, a busy social life, amazing shopping, year-round sunshine and a higher quality of life. And because you pay no tax more of your earnings will be yours to enjoy! If this all sounds like an attractive option than read on…
This publication is one of the most well known and prestigious global business titles based in Dubai. They are looking for a highly skilled Online Editor who is comfortable producing detailed copy editing on a wide range of business and lifestyle topics. You will also create story ideas and collaborate on overall publication direction.
The ideal candidate will have experience working across multiple online channels and content types while being conscious of structure, flow, and adherence to the companies style and quality.
The Online Editor will closely with the team to provide editing and writing assistance on a variety of content pieces in a fast-paced creative environment. In this role, the Online Business Editor will focus primarily on producing content for the website although there will be opportunities to write for print titles.
Prior experience of working on a business publication or newspaper features desk is preferable.
- Research and identify suitable companies, organizations, individuals and topics of interest to the titles Middle East readership
- Prepare and conduct interviews in person, by email, Skype or telephone. (All interviews must be recorded and all transcripts and other related material must be archived for future reference)
- Draft and finalise four (unless agreed otherwise) strong and engaging stories for the forbesmiddleeast.com website using at least two additional credible sources. Each story should have a strong business focus with financial information clearly stated in the opening paragraphs
- Actively engage in editing of colleagues’ work, proving constructive comments and suggestions
- Participate in the research, drafting and finalization of other editorial content relating to the titles Middle East rankings, special reports and other components of the magazines
- Set the weekly agenda for the website’s content.
- Manage contributors, commissioning pieces of various types and editing copy fit titles Middle East style.
- Work with the in-house editorial and art teams to create content for the site
- Identify out-of-date content and coordinate updates or removal
- Coordinate and execute a social media strategy, primarily through Facebook and Twitter
- Create content that allows the site visitors to get the information they want quickly and efficiently. Efficient and focused web content gives readers access to information in a user-friendly manner.
- Execute the development of written content from ideation to delivery
- Ability to produce content quickly, calmly, accurately and proficiently under multiple deadlines
As well as a tax fee salary of £36K (the equivalent of £50K in the UK) you will receive a yearly travel allowance, media insurance, an employment visa, accommodation for the first 2-3 weeks and flight tickets to Dubai if selected for interview. Please note that first stage interviews will be via Skype.
Please send your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org along with some examples of your B2B work.