News Editor, B2B, East Grinstead, circa £35K
Our client is a well-established and highly-regarded independent media company who produce editorially-driven B2B titles, on-line information, exhibitions, conferences and awards in an interesting and robust marketplace.
They are now looking for a News Editor to join their flagship brand as the business furthers its history of innovation, creativity and ambition. With the relaunch of the digital platform and the magazine going through a redesign this is an exciting time to join this highly-credible brand which will build on its heritage as it becomes an integrated multi-media operation.
Reporting in to the Deputy Editor and also managing and mentoring a team of three reporters, this role is crucial as news is the engine room driving everything else the brand does. You will have considerable responsibility for implementing the new web-first approach, balancing news and news analysis across the various platforms and leading the national news agenda in this high-profile sector.
- Successful track record of delivering hard-hitting exclusives preferably in a B2B environment
- Experience of managing and mentoring junior reporters to build contacts and deliver stories
- Experience of financial news; numerate with the ability to understand company accounts and pluck stories from a spreadsheet
- Experience of a web-first news environment
- Experience of delivering a suite of email alerts, e.g breaking news, daily alert etc.
- Experience of writing news analysis
- Skilled editor and rewriter
- Visual aptitude; an interest in design, particularly graphical design
- Ability to represent the brand and build contacts at a senior level
- Increasing the quality and volume of online news, leading to an appreciable rise in traffic
- Devising and implementing a suite of news-based email alerts, leading to an appreciable rise in traffic
- Delivering a high-quality print news section to weekly deadlines
- Delivering high-quality analysis services across print and online
- Personally developing a finance and investment patch; building a network of contacts and delivering stories
- Developing the skills in the team, leading to more and better stories
- Stories picked up by the national media; developing the brand’s national profile through actively seeking opportunities to comment etc.
- Building a personal social media profile
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced News Editor and a key role in this leading media company who pride themselves on being an ambitious, creative and caring organisation.
Please send your CV to email@example.com