Marketing Assistant, Haywards Heath, £20k
Would you like to start a career in Marketing working for a worldwide leader within the Fragrance and Flavour design industry?
Are you a recent Graduate with a degree in Marketing or do you have some marketing experience?
Do you have a creative flair?
Our client is a well-established and successful Fragrance House based in Haywards Heath, just a 5 min walk from the train station. They are now looking for a new marketing assistant to join their busy marketing team in their fragrance division.
The successful candidate will take on a variety of tasks ranging from administrative and organisational tasks to creating mood boards for clients and carrying out marketing research.
This is a great opportunity for someone enter the perfumery/beauty industry and to also launch a career in marketing.
Ranked 6th in the World this well established and successful Fragrance House are one of worldwide leaders within the Fragrance and Flavour design industry.
The UK office is based in Haywards Heath, whilst their head office is based in the South of France – they currently have offices and factories in 38 countries and employing around 5000 people.
There are two main divisions – The flavour division dealing with the food industry, and the Fragrance division, for which they are currently looking for a Marketing Assistant. The Fragrance division, creates and manufacture scents/ fragrances for the beauty, personal care and fine fragrance industry.
The Marketing Assistant Role :
The role of the marketing team is to advise their team of perfumers and evaluators globally about UK market trends, support clients in advising in suitable fragrance directions, prepare trend presentations…
The Marketing Assistant role will also include administrative and organisational tasks through to creative input and marketing research.
The Marketing Assistant can expect to get involve with the following:
- Making mood boards for clients
- Researching the latest ‘scent’ trends
- Preparing fragrance submission documents for clients, using a combination of In-design software, graphic design skills
- Learning the various product categories and market trends by being exposed to a large range of products
- Assisting in research for marketing presentations.
- Taking part in weekly fine fragrance evaluation session and by assisting in fragrance training session with customers.
- Setting up panel tests and contributing to result analysis.
- Managing multiple projects with deadlines.
- Interacting with other departments and international marketing departments to carry out research on market trends and product evaluation
- Managing market sample request from various internal offices and purchase products.
- Looking after the product and sample storage library.
- Making sure that products are dispatched on time to various teams globally.
The Marketing Assistant candidate:
They are looking for an enthusiastic and self-starting individual with a ‘can do’ attitude who is willing to multi task. You must be able to communicate at all levels and be able to integrate within a small and dynamic team.
- A degree in Marketing (or similar)
- Or Marketing Experience
- Strong work ethic
- Good attention to detail
- Creative flair
- Quick learner
- Strong eye for design
- Highly organised to cope with large number of projects.
- Able to communicate at various levels
- French is a plus but not essential.
A desire to learn – what they do is very niche and you will need to learn few basic things around perfumery and fragrance creation