Lobbying and Engagement Manager, Lewes, £42-46K, Initial one year contract
Could you stand up for half a million people and use your influencing skills to forge new links between the people of East Sussex, their County Council and the Goverment?
Our client is looking for a lobbying and engagment manager to drive key parts of the strategic campaign over the next year. The job is to shape an effective public conversations about the unique strengths and challenges of East Sussex and influence the change needed to sustain the county’s high-quality, valued services.
You will be advising the Leader and his Cabinet, working closely with colleagues in communications, policy, finance and service teams and help strengthen realtiosnships with politicians and partners in East Sussex and beyond.
You will need the skills and eperience to infulence the public agenda, poitical nous, a sharp all-round understanding of communications and audience engagement and the rigour to use hard evidence in engaging, infulencing and persuading.
Key experience required:
- A high level of marketing communciations and project managment skills
- Knowledge of local and national government issues and the politival environment
- Execellent presentation skills
- Budget management
- Analytical skills
- Marketing techniques including audience segmentations and results analysis
- Using customer insight to teailor communication activities
- Demonstrable experience of working on the full range of marketing communication channels and techniques through large and small projects often running concurrently
- Proven track record of managing and implementing best practice in evaluation techniques
- Experience of working in the media
- People management
- Experience of social networking and digital marketing techniques
- Creative and lateral thinbker with the ability to be a well-discuplined logical thinker when it comes to managing multiple projects
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Excellent team player
- Effective at building positive working relationships across departments in a large organisation
- Tactful and senstive approach
N.B this is an initial 1 year contract
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org