NOW FILLED: Advertisement Sales Manager, New Magazine Launch, West Sussex: £34K + Commission + Benefits (£42K OTE)
Do you have magazine launch experience? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge working on a new B2B magazine/digital launch in a robust and growing market sector? Then read on…
Our client is a progressive, independent media group working from a modern head office in West Sussex. They are trusted by thousands of professionals to deliver high quality insight for better business decision making through their diverse and compelling portfolio of digital platforms, exhibitions, events and publications. They create powerful connections and provide persuasive marketing solutions. Their vision is to inspire people to make a difference. They are ambitious, creative and they care.
The Role of Launch Advertisement Sales Manager
They are now looking for a Sales Manager to work across print and digital advertising as well as bespoke marketing solutions. The central objective of the role is to launch a new title within a robust and interesting market sector and to achieve sales targets, whilst promoting and helping establish the new launch. The ability continually to gain market knowledge and adopt a cross-brand sales approach is essential to this role.
The role will work closely with both the existing magazine and exhibitions sales team to ensure all prospective advertisers/exhibitors are identified and targeted. The primary aim being to meet and exceed individual and sector sales targets.
The successful candidate will develop new business and build on existing client relationships within the defined market sector, introducing and selling relevant opportunities that grow revenue from existing clients and drive new sales opportunities across the utilities portfolio.
Required Skills of the Launch Advertisement Sales Manager
- Sales: takes a consultative approach delivering personal sales across multi-platforms for all relevant accounts and new business; proven track record of successful media sales across multiple platforms. Likely to have had a minimum of 3-5 years media sales experience and perhaps is now looking for promotion to the next level
- Launch experience: the ideal candidate will have had experience of a media launch and be able to demonstrate success in this role
- Team working: works collaboratively with whole brand team to achieve success
- Enterprising: identifies and recommends opportunities for growth
- Communication and personal effectiveness: clear and literate written and verbal communication skills; the ability to deal proactively with key internal and external stakeholders and build relationships
- Organised and attention to detail: able to demonstrate an organised and systematic approach to selling and lead generation; attention to detail and consistently provides accurate and timely management information and record keeping
- Personal qualities: high level of integrity, driven, dynamic, focussed, approachable and positive personality
- Market knowledge: aptitude to understand and develop knowledge within the market. Knowledge of the market an advantage although not essential. Must be able to understand a complex market and understand the key drivers and technologies in time
- Microsoft office: proficiency in the use Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel); experience of using a digital CRM system
Performance objectives for the Launch Advertisement Sales Manager
- Achievement of personal sales targets
- Developing and managing new and existing key accounts within market sector
- Acquisition and retention of clients
- Achievement of overall market sector revenue target (across utilities portfolio)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious and creative media company working on an exciting new launch.