NOW FILLED – Illustration Agent/Account Handler, East Sussex, £18k-£25k
Our top Illustration Agency client has an opening for a bright graduate with excellent people skills to join their very well established and successful agency based in East Sussex.
This is a really exciting opportunity for somebody to be an instrumental part of a business at a time of development. This could be a role for a relatively new starter eager to find a role within a creative company or for a more experienced candidate with prior experience.
Being an agent requires a great deal of enthusiasm, organisation, diplomacy and a good awareness and keen interest in the creative industry. People management and empathy are essential skills need for the job.
- Enthusiastic, organised and a people person.
- Sales experience or at least sales savvy.
- Experience of working in a creative company, prior experience working in editorial, publishing, advertising, media would all be useful.
- Confident speaking to clients & artists.
- A passion for and knowledge of the commercial art world, especially illustration would be very desirable.
- Exemplary organisation skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines for yourself and others.
- Preferable 1-2 years’ experience within a similar role or within a media/commercial arts position.
- Able use Macs.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop, illustrator, in design ideally for formatting portfolios, presentation material.
Someone with existing industry contacts within the world of publishing and advertising would be extremely desirable but not essential.
- Liaising with clients and artists to project manage commissions, ensuring the whole commissioning process runs smoothly from start to finish.
- Working with editorial, design, publishing and advertising clients.
- Overseeing project contracts and negotiating budgets for projects.
- Nurturing and maintaining existing client relationships.
- Researching new clients and booking meetings.
- The marketing and promotion of the company and its artists. This is through face to face portfolio meetings, locally and in London,
- Keeping clients up to date with artwork samples.
- Maintaining the website and updating social media, copywriting and writing blogs.
- Involvement in new business development of the company and its services.
- Spotting new artists & potential clients.
There is plenty of scope to develop this role and really make it your own by identifying new markets and potential clients to generate new business to specialise in.