NOW FILLED – Graduate Conference Producer, East Grinstead, £22k-£23k, + comms + benefits
Do you enjoy doing research?
Excellent copywriting skills?
Our top b2b events client is looking for a graduate conference producer to research and develop a series of commercially successful conferences from conception through to running them on the day. The company is well established and runs a number of award winning conferences and industry publications. They are an ambitious and creative company.
This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in a growing and well-respected part of the business.
The conference producer will join the conference team which was established from scratch in late 2012 and has achieved rapid success. A team of ten now delivers a diverse programme of more than 30 conferences and 5 industry awards.
Reporting to the Head of Conferences, you will be responsible for researching and developing a series of commercially viable conferences for their portfolio, including award-winning titles and events.
This is a fast-paced role where you will juggle multiple projects at various stages of development in addition to building relationships with a multitude of stakeholders including editorial, sales, marketing and operations. You will be responsible for conducting in-depth research calls, securing top-quality speakers, copywriting and working with the project team to deliver financial objectives.
The Graduate conference Producer Candidate:
We are looking for an outgoing and passionate individual who wants to inspire people to make a difference. You will have a tenacious, creative and commercial approach to developing your events and enjoy working in a dynamic and collaborative environment. You will also be highly organised with excellent copywriting skills.
- 2:1 degree
- Some office experience
- Passion for events
- Quick learner
- Tenacious and creative
- Enjoy desk and phone research
- Ability to assimilate complex information and communicate it clearly
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills – ability to manage relationships with various level stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines while balancing a variety of projects
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent copywriting skills
The Graduate Conference Producer Role:
You will be reporting to Head of Conferences and working closely with the editorial, marketing, operations, data and sales teams. Training will be given to a graduate level candidate.
- Researching and developing a series of commercially successful conferences
- Developing relationships with senior industry leaders
- Securing high-quality speakers to attract paying delegates
- Exceeding budgeted sponsorship and delegate revenue
- Developing creative and compelling marketing copy to promote the events
- The role is both client-facing and analytical in nature
- Requires a high degree of creativity and judgement
- Processing information and communicating it clearly to various stakeholders.
The company offer excellent benefits and a modern office working environment.