NOW FILLED – Experienced Journalist, East Grinstead, circa £26K
Are you an experienced journalist/junior editor looking for a new challenge ?
Bright and bubbly, able to interact well at events and willing/able to travel frequently in the UK and overseas?
Can you deliver engaging, essential news and insight to a large market of professionals?
Can you immerse yourself in a market sector, find out what make it ticks and develop a high profile within the industry?
Then read on.
Our client, a leading independent B2B media company is looking for a journalist for its flagship B2B print title and its associated website. You’ll have good all-round skills and the role requires the ability to write news and features, sub-edit, read proofs and work with graphic designers to completion as well as producing compelling content for the website.
You’ll be maintaining a high standard of editorial content which will keep the magazine and its website as the number one for essential reading in the market, whilst helping develop an editorial programme which contributes to the commercial success of the brand and its products. You’ll also be looking to increase reader engagement and develop new initiatives whilst ensuring the timely delivery of agreed editorial outputs.
As it’s an international magazine you’ll need to be happy to work on the move, attend events, file copy from around the world and contribute to the website with blogs and news items.
The position is likely to appeal to someone who has completed training and qualified as a journalist with experience on consumer newspapers and has an interest in business and writing for the business community. You’ll now be ready to move onto the trade press and widen your horizons writing for an audience in the corporate and not-for-profit sector.
- Plan and produce the editorial content.
- Produce (and upload to website where appropriate) daily high-quality news.
- Research and produce feature articles, news, blogs and all other editorial content.
- Social media activity, engagement and content dissemination for the brand.
- Represent the brand at press events, conferences and exhibitions. Develop and maintain contacts with key contacts to maintain a high profile for yourself and the brand.
- Contribute to a long-term editorial programme to ensure content:
a) Serves the interests of its market and readership.
b) Grows the registered readership within defined reader profiles.
c) Achieves its commercial targets.
- Propose and initiate innovations, such as events, surveys and cross-brand campaigns to stimulate reader interest and to improve profile in the market.
- Keep a watching brief on competitive publications.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with other editors and teams across the company.
News gathering and writing and feature writing
Personal effectiveness, planning and initiative
Communication, teamwork and relationship building – ability to act as a brand ambassador
Suggesting new initiatives/ content for the title
Adaptability and flexibility
The title is within the business travel market so an interest or experience in this field would be an advantage but not essential. What’s key is that you’re a confident, experienced journalist keen for an exciting new move!
Our client is a very well-established producer of magazines and websites and invest in care in their staff. As well as a competitive salary they offer comprehensive benefits including annual profit share, 25 days holiday and staff loyalty bonus after 5 years.
Please send your CV to email@example.com