FILLED – Exhibition Sales Executive x2, Crawley, £18,500 – £23k dep on experience plus 25% Comms
Do you have proven sales experience?
Or are you a fresh Graduate keen to work in the fast paced and exciting world of exhibitions?
Our top publishing and events client is now looking for a new Exhibition Sales Executive to join their young and friendly team based in their modern office in Crawley. Ideally you will have some prior sales experience or will be a fresh graduate looking to develop a career in the fun and fast past world of exhibition sales……. no 2 days will be the same! This is a great opportunity to join the close knit exhibition sales team where you will be working on one of their award winning trade shows – this is a must attend event for anyone in this sector who is looking to promote their products to the whole of the food and drink marketplace.
Full training will be given and fast career progression is on offer to those who shine!
Our top publishing, events and conference client has been providing market leading business information for 150 years. The markets they operate in include: food and drink, manufacturing, retail, wholesale and hospitality, and, more recently, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
They have offices in Crawley, London, Montpellier, Singapore and Chicago and pride themselves on providing a supportive work environment where they are committed to providing a healthy work life balance.
Being in business for over 150 years means that the company is stable. They continue to develop their brands and their employees with plenty of opportunities for on going training and promotion.
The Exhibition Sales Executive Role:
You will be contacting existing exhibitors and sourcing new companies to take space at the trade shows, creating a visual image of the benefits of exhibiting and building a strong rapport with the clients is essential. You will also be out and about attending relevant industry trade shows, looking for new leads and meeting up with existing clients.
Show time is always a real buzz as you will be there on the day running around making sure clients are happy and that all their needs are met and that they have a good and successful show. Re-bookings for the following year’s show and allocating best stand positions are also part of the role.
- Selling exhibition space on an awarding winning trade shows
- Primarily office based with some face-to-face activity at trade shows
- Maintain contact and to develop relationships with existing and new clients
- Foster and develop effective client relationships
- Demonstrate ability to translate client relationships into revenue generation across the sector by identification and pursuit of new and related business.
- Read 3rd party publications relevant to the market
- Engage with the market and effectively record and utilise market knowledge
- Complete and update accurate CRM records daily
- Complete accurate pipeline reporting daily
- Processing contracts accurately
- Strong sales experience
- Strong communication
- Good relationship / rapport building
- Positive tone / aptitude for effective sales communication
- Strong questioning techniques
- Effective listening
- Good objection handling & closing skills
- Strong time management and admin skills
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Working hours 9-5pm
- Contributory Pension
- Group Income protect scheme
- Lots of company social activities
- Free on-site parking