NOW FILLED – Events Sales & Marketing Exec, West Sussex, £20k+ comms
Interested in events?
This role is an excellent route into media & events………
Our top publishing, events and conference client has been providing market leading business information for 150 years.
Working across two of their top trade title, this hugely exciting role will involve getting your teeth into sale campaigns, and drumming up delegate business for forthcoming Events for both publications.
No two days are ever the same, one day you will be chatting to famous household named Chefs about attending our Awards, the next you will be selling delegate participation to a publican who wants to attend our Industry Summit in London. This is a fast paced role and requires great enthusiasm and tenacity.
You will be also be working on database research, and telesales for new and existing events in the calendar. Some of the events are free to attend and involve telemarketing, and some of the events are based on table sales/delegate sales and require telesales.
It is generally not a cold calling role – the vast majority of calls will be to people already connected to our brands. However we are currently launching new events and require support on database research and telesales to make the events a success.
The role – Events Sales and Marketing Executive:
- Calling contacts from internal and external lists to promote forthcoming conferences, networking lunches and awards and maximise delegate volumes and revenues for these events
- Confidently call some of the biggest customers from FMCG brands
- Developing and maintaining prospect lists for one-off and repeat events
- Attending the events & assisting the events team
- Call and chase finalists/VIPS where necessary
- Advise clients on the content and importance of events to maximise entries and attendance.
- Assist in the development of marketing campaigns across all events.
- Assist in providing design briefs for marketing materials to the Design Team
- Liaise with the Events team and Editorial teams on marketing activity for each event
- Ensure our leading websites are kept up to date
- Accurately maintain customer records and history for all attendees on appropriate systems.
It could be you………
- Sales experience
- A’Level qualifications
- Fantastic persuasion skills
- Self motivated
- Team player
- Confident working to deadlines
- Excellent communicator & confident on the phone
- Highly organised
- Passionate about events
This is a fantastic opportunity to work across two highly respected publications and gain insight and experience into a variety of events within the hospitality sector.
Please call Cat on: 01273 710088 or email your CV to: email@example.com