Events & Awards Co-ordinator, Maidstone, £27k-£22k + comms
Do you have experience in working on events, awards and conferences?
Do you enjoy international travel?
Our International media client based in Maidstone is now looking for an Awards and Event Co-Ordinator to join their friendly team. This is a new role which will play a large role in the operational and sales management for the broad range of media partnerships, events and awards across their global portfolio of products.
To successfully run their events and awards portfolio the Awards and Event Co-Ordinator will be taking on full event and award management including all sales opportunities.
It is a busy working environment so you will have to be able to work on multiple projects at once whilst working closely with the group sales manager.
International travel plays a part in this role with this role, nationally and internationally. So far this year they have attended shows in Las Vegas, Dubai, Germany, Nashville, Chicago and more plus a few in London & Birmingham.
Based in Maidstone the company is an independently owned International Media Business. They have over three decades of international and national media experience operating across b2b and b2c environments.
Their portfolio includes; magazines, websites, awards and networking events. They currently publish seven titles, three consumer and four business-to-business, as well as producing publishing and media solutions for a diverse range of clients.
The Awards and Event Co-Ordinator Role:
The successful candidate will play a role in contributing and shaping the look and feel of the events, as well as bringing new initiatives and ideas to the events which they run.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop new and existing media agreements
- Management of sales admin
- Manage all logistic associated with events including delivery of publications, banners and all marketing collateral
- Manage post event evaluation and reporting of each event and award show
- All aspects of Client liaison, including speakers, sponsors and delegates.
- Ensuring clients have a premium event experience, through seamless customer service.
- To hit and achieve monthly set targets through media partnership’s and sponsorship opportunities
- Developing and selling sponsorship packages across a range of B2B events/Awards
- All aspects of Client liaison, including speakers, sponsors and delegates. Ensuring clients have a premium event experience, through seamless customer service.
- Work with the event budget and understand the important of costs.
- Constantly striving for the best cost while still delivering the premium experience.
- Liaison with external and internal suppliers such as procurement, venue, A/V, and printers.
- When needed travel to UK and international events to run these onsite as part of the operations team.
- Fulfilment of deliverables associated with the sponsorship packages & delivering top level client service.
The Awards and Event Co-Ordinator Candidate:
The position is best-suited to a creative, self-motivated and confident individual who is happy to work individually as well as part of a team.
You will need to be very organised, have excellent communication & customer service skills, computer literate and be well presented, you do not necessarily need sales experience but this would be a bonus!
- Experience in working on events, awards and conferences
- Event sales experience (a bonus)
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships
- Experience of developing and delivering new ideas and processes
- Exposure to cost management, forecasting and budgeting across multiple events
- Experience in working on multiple global events as a team and individually to time and budget
- Highly organised
- 21 days holiday
- Company Pension
- Company Bonus
- Breakfast and Lunches
- Company Socials