Event & Sponsorship Business Development Manager, £25k-£35k OTE £70K
Posted on October 14th.
Do you have b2b event sponsorship or exhibition sales experience?
Would you like to work in central Brighton in the fast growing Emerging Technology marketplace?
Our client is an established Brighton based Marketing company. They are setting up a new b2b Emerging Technologies Events division and are now looking for a new Business Development Manager to join their sales team based in Central Brighton. You will be working alongside a high calibre and experienced team who have successfully launched and run multiple start-up event companies in the technology space and will be responsible for the growing the company’s live event sponsorship and digital revenue, initially for EMEA/UK and then expanding into North American markets.
Their new workshops and international trade show will be capitalising on the tremendous growth in Emerging Technology such as AI, IOT, Robotics, enabling organisations to gain the necessary insight to succeed in these new markets.
This is a truly exciting opportunity for the right business development person with both a dynamic and strategic mindset, who enjoys using their initiative and taking the reins of their own sales campaigns.
You will be joining an established technology marketing company, who are offering the chance to grow our new international events arm and be involved right from the outset! You will be working alongside a high calibre and experienced team who have successfully launched and run multiple start-up event companies in the technology space.
Their events and digital platforms will help companies increase their credibility through thought leadership, drive brand awareness through great content and connect with senior level decision makers in enterprise who are looking to spend in new emerging technologies.
The business is currently rebranding to reflect this change.
|The Business Development Manager Role:
You will be expected to demonstrate a strategic approach and entrepreneurial attitude in the sale of sponsorship, exhibition space with the understanding of how to put together optimal packages for customers including blue chip clients.
- Selling across a portfolio which includes; one day workshops, sponsorship opportunities and an international trade show event.
- Contact potential clients from an existing database.
- Developing bespoke sponsorship packages.
- Client meetings & presentations.
- Attending competitor trade events.
|The Business Development Manager Candidate:
This opportunity will provide an experienced business development manager the chance to join the new international events arm and be involved right from the outset!
- You will have a proven track record of success, be sales driven with the motivation to close at least £650k of business per annum, (this will grow year on year)
- Experience in event sponsorship or exhibition sales would be ideal
- You will preferably have a background in the ICT/Tech/Recruitment sector, a start-up environment would be great but not essential
- You will have a background in B2B sponsorship or digital sales, excel at developing profitable events, sit in the top 10% in your existing role and inspire others to be the best they can be
- A proven track-record in developing win-win relationships with leading technology and IT providers, both face to face and by telephone. following through on a sales process with urgency and able to qualify and close
- Enjoyment of establishing profitable long-term relationships with clients looking to invest over several campaigns and events
- Able to work with marketing and production, sharing feedback and inputting into the creative process with vendor and client ideas
- Ability to manage time, prioritise workload and achieve sales activity metrics to surpass sales targets
- Enthusiastic to learn; ambitious to succeed
- Thirst for market and industry knowledge to better understand your client’s needs and objectives within the technology sector
- Nice to have: knowledge of emerging tech sectors including AI, IOT, robotics, sensors, smart buildings, EDGE computing, AR/VR and data analytics
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to grow with the company and be involved from the start with a team that is set to expand rapidly
- A central Brighton office location within easy walking distance of the train station and very close to St Peter’s Church
- The chance (dependent on experience) to develop and lead your own sales campaign with the possibility of management of further hires after successful initial events
- Smart/casual attire at work and a happy, relaxed, though hard-working office environment
- The opportunity to work with management/ backers who have substantial experience in launching successful events companies in the past
- A role working in exploding sectors such as robotics, AR/VR, AI, Data Analytics, IOT and sensors along with all things ‘Smart’ (cities/ buildings/ infrastructure)
- Company pension contribution
- 37.5 hour working week
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org