NOW FILLED – Editor, market-leading website. Sussex, £30-£40k + benefits
Are you an experienced senior journalist looking for a new challenge?
Can you deliver engaging, essential web-based news and insight to a large market of professionals?
Can you immerse yourself in a market sector, find out what make it ticks and become a figurehead within the industry?
Then read on.
Our client, a leading B2B independent media owner is looking for a new editor for their flagship website in the due to the existing editor relocating and they’re looking for a high calibre and driven individual to take over the helm.
You’ll be maintaining a high standard of editorial content which will keep the site as the number one for essential reading in the market, whilst developing an editorial programme which contributes to the commercial success of the brand and its products. You’ll also be looking to increase reader engagement and drive reader registrations whilst ensuring the timely delivery of agreed editorial outputs.
– Plan and produce the editorial content.
– Produce and upload daily high-quality news.
– Research and produce feature articles, news, blogs and all other editorial content. Commission content where appropriate.
– Social media activity, engagement and content dissemination for the brand.
– Ensure that editorial contributions and costs are kept within the agreed editorial budget.
– Represent the brand at press events, conferences and exhibitions. Develop and maintain contacts with key contacts to maintain a high profile for yourself and the brand.
– Help prepare, and periodically review, a long-term editorial programme to ensure content:
a) serves the interests of its market and readership.
b) grows the registered readership within defined reader profiles.
c) achieves its commercial targets.
– Propose and initiate innovations, such as events, surveys and cross-brand campaigns to stimulate reader interest and to improve profile in the market.
– Keep a watching brief on competitive publications.
– Develop and maintain productive working relationships with other editors and teams across the company.
- Editor experience preferred
- News gathering and writing and feature writing
- Social media
- Use of a CMS
- Quality focus
- Personal effectiveness, planning and initiative
- Communication, teamwork and relationship building
- Commercial awareness
- Customer focus
- Adaptability and flexibility
Our client offer a competitive remuneration package, including healthcare and pension. If this sounds interesting to you, do get in touch with Ed on 01273 710099