FILLED Deputy Editor, International media owner, East Grinstead, circa £28K
Well-established and well-known international media owner with excellent print and digital products is looking for a talented deputy editor with excellent editorial skills and full of ideas. You will be able to engage audiences across multiple channels and will act as an abassador for the magazine. You will travel and attend events to various countries around the world and meeting fascinating people from all walks of life. This is a varied role across print and digital media and would suit someone with a solid background in journalism who is looking to make the next step up in their career.
- At least five years experience on a magazine or newspaper
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to simplify jargon and structure a feature
- The ability to work to deadlines
- A personable manner and interviewing style
- A flexible attitude, a willingness to travel and a good sense of humour
- Excellent language and sub-editing skills with a keen eye for details
- Proven experience using social media and working across digital platforms
- Assisting the editor in day-to-day running of the magazine
- Producing and subbing news stories, features, interviews and opinion pieces, for both online and print versions
- Helping to set the editorial agenda for the magazine, brainstorming ideas with the editor, and working to maintain the magazines position as the most relevant and well-read in the industry
- Write news and features, analysis and blogs for magazine and daily website
- Proof and sub copy for both magazine and website
- Help promote content on social media channels
- Source visuals and liaise with designers when necessary
- Attend association forums and trade shows in the UK and overseas
- Represent the publications at networking functions, awards dinners, industry panels etc.
- When necessary liaise with the sales team to discuss editorial plans
- Report to monthly staff meetings
This is a very successful privately-owned company based in lovely offices in East Grinstead offering onsite parking, and excellent company benefits.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org