Content Sales Executive, Crawley, up to £25k depending on experience + 25% comms
Do you have SAAS, Report or Subscription sales experience?
Would you like to work on exciting new project for a well-established media and events company?
Our top publishing and events client is now looking for a new Content Sales Executive to join their young and friendly team based in their modern office in Crawley. Ideally you will have some SAAS, Report or subscription sales experience as you will be working on an exciting new company launch
The company will now be offering a new business intelligence service, which will be launched within the Global Brands Division. Building on the success of their newsletter brands – across Probiotics, Sports Nutrition, Sustainability and more – this new insight service will provide data and reports for the broad Food and Nutrition market – with a specific focus at launch on nutraceuticals.
The Content Sales Executive will be calling leads generated by customer queries from the website and other prospects, who have shown interest into the new data and reports. Research into the customer/company will be required before calling to ensure that you understand the needs of the client. You will be setting up a demo and customising presentations to ensure that the deal can be closed. Renewals will play a big part in this role year on year. This is primarily an office based role.
Training will be given where needed and fast career progression is on offer to those who shine!
Our top publishing, events and conference client has been providing market leading business information for 150 years. The markets they operate in include: food and drink, manufacturing, retail, wholesale and hospitality, and, more recently, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
They have offices in Crawley, London, Montpellier, Singapore and Chicago and pride themselves on providing a supportive work environment where they are committed to providing a healthy work life balance.
Being in business for over 150 years means that the company is stable. They continue to develop their brands and their employees with plenty of opportunities for ongoing training and promotion.
The Content Sales Executive Role:
As this is a new role/new service, they anticipate there to be some evolution in the role.
In the first year after launch, the main objective will be on achieving budgeted sales and ensuring that users are using the site on regular basis – and are positioned well for renewals.
- Calling generated customer leads and prospects.
- Company research prior to calls
- Manage the “Demo” process (prioritisation, set up) and ensure that these are customised to individual client’s needs.
- Deliver excellent presentations/ demos to high quality prospects (via Skype, GoToMeet)
- Achieve other key KPI’s e.g. number of demo’s, KIT calls
- Meet revenue targets for key segments within the target markets (new customers, universities, governments)
- Set up and handle customer queries related to access / content
- Working with marketing manager, identify “at risk” customers in terms of usage, and put in place “Keep In Touch” calls to drive customer engagement / usage
- Ensure that all orders have correct information to ensure smooth order processing
- Provide articulate and objective feedback on customer engagement with proposition
- Provide input to marketing activity in terms of messaging to drive lead generation and campaigns to drive customer usage of service.
The Content Sales Executive candidate:
- Strong SAAS, Report or Subscription sales experience
- Flexible/Adaptable to new projects and procedures
- Proven track record in closing a deal and hitting sales targets
- Ability to listen and question a customer and provider answers to solve problems
- An appreciation of data and how it can be used to solve problems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to acquire market knowledge (probiotics, sports nutrition, sustainability)
- An interest in the broad food and nutrition market
- Excellent work ethic, drive, competitive and need to succeed
- Flexible approach and willing to change tactics
- Personable & professional individual
- Proactive with a good work ethic
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Working hours 9-5pm
- Contributory Pension
- Group Income protect scheme
- Lots of company social activities
- Free on-site parking