Community Engagement Manager (Digital) Central Brighton, £23k-£26k
Are you a graduate with team management experience?
Or do you have office management and are looking for an exciting new challenge?
Our award winning client is now looking for a friendly and positive Community Engagement Manager to join their team to work alongside the Community Director. They are based in amazing offices in central Brighton and their websites are home to more than 3.5 million members and over 6 million unique visitors a month! Their forums are where students connect and research to find out about college and University life, helping support by far the largest student community in the UK!
You will be completely responsible for growing engagement in their forums focussing on: Health, Relationships, News, Hobbies and Fashion by managing a remote team of 60 Life volunteer student ambassadors.
The Community Engagement Manager Role
- Volunteer management and moderation: empower the Life volunteer team to be a proactive group of people who support and help other students
- Growing the existing network of student helpers and giving them the support to help others.
- Working closely with the volunteer team leaders to build their competencies around delegation, assessment, recruitment and training.
- Strategy: you will have complete ownership and responsibility for the success of the life style communities. This covers a vast range of varied subjects drawing huge audiences, with the most popular currently being General Chat, Relationships and News. Working with the Community Director.
- You will create the plan and volunteer structure to help make our site friendly with quick responses.
- Grow: invite students into the life style areas of the site and encourage them to engage through discussion and community nurturing.
- Influence: build relationships and share knowledge within the community to build your own influence so that people like you and will listen to your guidance.
- Reporting: review volunteer team activity to report weekly to the rest of the community team (and wider company).
The Community Engagement Manager Candidate:
As the majority of this role is about online communication you will need to be confident with online technology.
- Ideally a graduate
- Experience of direct line management. Retail or office.
- You understand young people and the student life style.
- A real people person – naturally warm and friendly.
- Positive and keen to listen to other people both online and in person.
- Persuasive and a natural leader who people are drawn to.
- Able to multi task and prioritise.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Childcare vouchers
- Ride to Work Scheme
They have lots of other perks such as company away days, free fruit in the office and the chance to be based in our amazing central Brighton office!