NOW FILLED: Assistant Editor, suite of market-leading B2B websites – West Sussex. £24-26k
Are you an experienced journalist looking for a new challenge?
Can you deliver engaging, essential web-based news and insight to a large market of professionals?
Are you a whizz with social media engagement? Do you know your Tweets from your RSS feeds, and your Google circles from your SEO?
Can you immerse yourself in a market sector, find out what make it ticks and become a figurehead within the industry?
Then read on.
Our client, a leading B2B independent media owner is looking for a new assistant editor for their flagship websites (operating within the energy / sustainability / environment market, experience in these markets is not required, however) and they’re looking for a high calibre and driven individual to join the team.
You’ll be maintaining a high standard of editorial content which will keep the site as the number one for essential reading in the market, whilst developing an editorial programme which contributes to the commercial success of the brand and its products. You’ll also be looking to increase reader engagement and drive reader registrations whilst ensuring the timely delivery of agreed editorial outputs.
KEY SUCCESS CRITERIA:
1. Maintaining a high standard of editorial content conformi ng to the website’s agreed policy.
2. Ensuring the editorial output is essential reading within its market.
3. Assisting the editor in developing an editorial programme which contributes to the commercial success of the brand and its products.
4. Increasing level of reader engagement and driving reader registrations.
5. Ensuring timely delivery of agreed editorial outputs.
1. Help plan and produce the editorial content to meet the objectives of the agreed editorial policy.
2. Produce and upload daily high-quality news.
3. Research and produce feature articles, blogs and all other internally-produced editorial content.
4. Social media activity, engagement and content dissemination for the brand.
5. Represent the brand at press events, conferences and exhibitions. Develop and maintain contacts with key stakeholders to maintain a high profile for yourself and the brand.
6. Help prepare, and periodically review, a long-term editorial programme to ensure content:
a) serves the interests of its market and readership.
b) grows the registered readership within defined reader profiles.
c) achieves its commercial targets.
7. Help to propose and initiate innovations, such as events, surveys and cross-brand campaigns to stimulate reader interest and to improve profile in the market.
8. Keep a watching brief on competitive publications.
9. Develop and maintain productive working relationships with the team and colleagues across and across the company.
To apply for this role, please get in touch with Ed. Ed@escapehatchmedia.co.uk.
To find out more, do call 01273 710099