Area Sales Manager/Deputy Advertisement Sales Manager x 2
We’re seeking a area sales manager/deputy sales manager for a leading, award-winning B2B title within an interesting and buoyant sector. It forms part of the portfolio that includes awards events, networking events and digital. A perfect-bound, glossy monthly magazine, it offers the successful candidate a great opportunity to work within an exciting and vibrant industry, networking with senior clients and being part of a team that is innovative in driving the portfolio forward.
The Ideal Candidate for the Deputy Sales Manager Position
We require a driven and high achieving team player who is passionate about sales, can immerse themselves in the industry and who has significant experience in building relationships with clients and selling a portfolio (previous experience selling display advertising and sponsorship is vital). The successful candidate will be a dynamic, motivated and innovative senior sales person who can ensure that client budgets are maximised within the portfolio.
Role summary for the Deputy Sales Manager Role
A client-facing role that develops relationships with existing and prospective/new business accounts within a dedicated territory. Each relationship should be developed so that all key influencers are identified, communicated with and sold to, ensuring an in-depth understanding of their business and brand objectives.
Through establishment of contacts and building of relationships, this role requires personal targets to be achieved through attaining revenue for existing products (display, on-line, events etc.). This consultative approach should enable bespoke projects/initiatives to be developed within the client base to build even stronger relationships.
Reports to – Sales Manager
Key aims for the Deputy Sales Manager
Become recognised by your accounts and prospective accounts as the resource/authority/consultant for the sector. This will be achieved by:
- Understanding their business, the marketplace and the portfolio proposition
- Having regular face to face meetings and telephone contact
- Developing ideas for clients’ business and managing them through to execution
- Formulate ongoing proposals that maps out the objectives for their business/brands and create solutions within the portfolio that will enable us to help them deliver their aims, including:
- Innovation – creating products that currently do not exist in partnership with clients in order to increase spend.
- Project-manage and be responsible for delivering allocated initiatives/sections. This will involve a role in the development, creation of support material and coordinating with editorial team for the specific project
- Maintain relationships with key departments – events, editorial & marketing teams
- Play a full and active role in the team, through attendance of industry events, contributing to all sales targets and raising the profile of the portfolio.
This Deputy Sales Manager role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced media sales person to take the next step in their media sales career. You may be a London-based media sales person looking to move to Brighton/Sussex or a Brighton commuter looking to escape the London commute. We look forward to hearing from you!