Android Developer, Tunbridge Wells office plus home-based, £30-40K
An exciting marketing opportunity has arisen for a growing organisation based in Tunbridge Wells.
The business operated a unique platfrom for the creation, publication and sale of Digital Trading cards where collectors of all ages can buy, sell, trade, win, fuse, battle, locate, watch and interact with cards in ways that were never possible before.
Our client is looking for an Android Developer who loves what they do and wants to join a like-minded team, making applications for internationally renowned brands to delight users of all ages.
The company offer flexible/remote working, a high degree of autonomy (well supported though!) and the opportunity to get involved in key business and product decisions, not just the execution.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, helpful to others, constructive in giving feedback and keen to do great work. Whilst candidates are expected to be highly skilled, the desire to continue developing is as important.
You will also be responsible for nurturing more junior developers and making strategic decisions related to the platform.
The role is office based 1-2 days per week and offers the opportunity to also be home based.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working with your team and the product owner to conceptualise, build, and test products
- Working closely with iOS team to maintain parity and consistency between platforms
- Contributing across the entire app life cycle – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to stores and support
- Working closely with scrum manager and product owner to ensure transparency regarding workload
- Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Optimising performance of the apps
- Keeping up to date on latest industry trends in mobile
- Attending industry events/ conference
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of common Android patterns and code structures, and their relative strengths
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system
- Experience using Firebase
- Experience on web service integration (REST, JSON, XML)
- Proven commercial software development experience
- Published examples of mobile applications
- Familiarity with information architecture, and ideally human-computer interaction and usability design principles
- Good time & task management skills
- Ability to self-manage (especially when remote working)
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org