NOW FILLED – Advertisement Sales Manager, Top 10 B2B Media Company, South London: £32K + Commission + Benefits (£45K+ OTE)
Are you an ambitious senior ad sales executive or junior ad manager looking to step into an advertising sales manager role in a large, high-profile media company? Can you manage key accounts and devise sales strategies? Then this may be the perfect role for you!
Our client is a leading global media owner operating in various B2B sectors. They produce editorially-driven, market-leading magazines, websites and events that fulfill the information needs of their readers and users and enable them to make better business decisions.
The Role of the Advertising Sales Manager
You’ll provide expertise, delivering results directly though selling conventional and bespoke display and recruitment advertising solutions to a range of new business prospects. This will include print, online, e-newsletter and any other sponsorship opportunities. The role will naturally develop to include managing existing key accounts. This is primarily an office based sale role but the successful candidate will be required to carry out face to face meetings on a regular basis solo and in a supporting role to more junior staff. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of advertising solutions, strategy and financial reporting on a day to day basis.
The Responsibilities of the Advertising Sales Manager
To develop new business opportunities and build up strong client relationships within the industry to ensure that client objectives are achieved and revenue targets are exceeded. To manage key accounts on an ongoing basis and the overall portfolio.
Key Result Areas
Strategy and Planning
- To develop and execute the sales strategy and plan for his / her portfolio in order to exceed the revenue targets.
- To ensure all accounts have an optimum planned contact strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and the competitors within it to come up with new ideas to develop the portfolio brand(s).
Revenue Generation and Account Management
- To hit, even exceed monthly and annual revenue targets across his / her portfolio of titles.
- There will be a large amount of new business activity to begin with due to the nature of the contract
- Long term, this position will develop into and active account management of the top customers across the portfolio of products
- To be responsible for planning contingency and gap fill activity if needed
- Lead on launching new products and revenue streams to maximise revenues and exceed budgets.
- Be responsible for sourcing new leads.
Stakeholder and Customer Management
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders around the business (editorial, production, marketing) and external suppliers and establishes and maintains regular and ongoing communications with key stakeholders.
- To contact key decision makers via telephone and meeting clients in person. The expectation of time spent for each of these activities is: 60% telephone, 40% face to face.
- Conduct client presentations and negotiate commercially sound contracts face to face and be involved where necessary
- To act as a role model and mentor to other team members
- To share ideas and work collaboratively as a team
Reporting and Analysis
- Provides weekly reports to the Head of Advertising outlining risks, contract renewals, pipelines, forecasts and other key KPI’s
- Conducts regular analysis to influence strategy and new opportunities.